There’s nothing better than a succulent steak on the braai. So, haul out the coals, light that fire and try out this succulent steak recipe with a twist…
Steak and Chilli Chimichurri recipe
- 4 x 200g Rib Eye or Rump Steaks
- 1 Tbsp Willow Creek Olive oil
For the Chimichurri:
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, quite tightly packed (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, quite tightly packed (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Willow Creek Olive oil (3-4 Tbsp)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar or healthy natural sweetener, to taste if necessary
Make the chimichurri first:
On a large chopping board, finely chop the parsley, mint and garlic. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Check for seasoning and balance of flavours and adjust if necessary.
Meanwhile, season the steaks, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side over a braai or in a large pan over medium-high heat. Remove and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing thinly and serving immediately with the chimichurri and braai roosterkoekies.
Recipe provided by Sarah Graham, recipe creator and cookbook author.