Festivals are wonderful occasions when you can break away from your daily life and go and immerse yourself in your favourite activity – whether it is food, music or poetry. It’s a time when you can explore new interests, meet new people and open up new avenues in your life. The best festivals in the world are designed to attract people from all walks in life and to help you find your favourite festivals, we have put together a world festival calendar for the month of June and upcoming ones for the rest of 2019.
The best festivals in June
Festivals to look out for from June to December
- Verbier Festival, Switzerland 8 July – 3 August: A classical music festival amongst the beautiful Alps.
- Port Eliot, Cornwall 25-28 July: A literary festival patronised by rock stars and ordinary folk who love the world of books.
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2-26 August: A world famous festival celebrating performers from every genre – from comedians to acrobats.
- Burning Man, Nevada, USA 25 August – 2 September: This cult festival draws over 50 000 people who create a temporary city in the Nevada desert and celebrate everything from self-expression to art.
- Longyearbyen Literature Festival, Svalbard, Norway 2-6 September: Enjoy everything literary in the beautiful setting of fabulous Norway.
- Oktoberfest, Germany, 21 September – 6 October: This is a world- famous festival held in Munich every year, combining music with the very best of beer.
- The Hermanus Whale Festival, South Africa, 27-29 September: Celebrate the migrating southern right whales and other ocean-themed activities in the charming town of Hermanus.
- Melbourne Festival, Melbourne Australia: This festival takes place in October every year and attracts leading names in dance, music, theatre and the visual arts.
- Rhythm & Vines, New Zealand, 28-31 December: If you want to be the first people in the world to see the sunrise in 2020, then head to this festival and celebrate music, spot dolphins and take boat trips to Tuamotu Island.